Monday 15 July 2024

Kinds of Kindness (#573)



I must be a glutton for punishment.  I really disliked and was appalled by Poor Things, starring Emma Stone, who was also the executive producer, and was directed by Yorgos Lanthimos and was a painful three hours plus long.  Yesterday I saw KINDS OF KINDNESS, also starring Emma Stone, directed by Yorgos Lanthimos and was a painful three hours long.  The only difference was Emma Stone was not the executive producer.  This one, like Poor Things, was weird but not nearly as weird as Things.  This movie consisted of three distinct and unrelated stories but each featured the same actors.  The stories were interesting to an extent, but not one of them had an ending or a situation that was resolved.  Each was strange in its own way, but the third story won the prize for weirdness.  All three in their way were sexual in nature, bisexual and otherwise.  There was full nudity again, and once again Emma Stone, in one segment, felt the need to shed her clothes and reveal all of her not very attractive self.  The stories are too complex to be described; the acting in most cases was quite good and the stories are infinitely more understandable than anything that happened in Things.  I  almost forgot to mention that Willem Dafoe of Things is also in this one and one of the characters he plays is almost as bizarre as he was in his role as Dr. Baxter in the early film.  I suggest you see it, if you have the stomach for off kilter works of art, which I suspect they are striving for here.  I don't and Emma Stone has lost me forever.  72% of critics and 49% of audiences gave Kinds a thumbs up, although a number of critics joined me in my concern about the unfinished stories.  I consider myself a thumbs downer on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 Horror Movies of All Time #top #viralvideo #youtubeshorts #shorts #subscribe

Top 10 Horror Movies of All Time #top #viralvideo #youtubeshorts #shorts #subscribe Top 10 Horror Movies of All Time #top #viralvideo #yo...